Recently, in every super market, i see a notice that “Please carry your own carry bags. As per Govt. order, we are advised to charge for the carry bags. This is done to save/protect the environment. ”
I really don’t know how much percentage of carry bags usage, spoils the environment compared to plastic packed foods like Lays chips, packed fruits, milk packets, chocolates and many more. Most of the plastics packed foods are produced by large MNC’s. They are not being called to be part of the initiative.
my question to the government
- How much % of plastic usage can be reduced by this initiative?
- are these done due to politics behind?
- Why only supermarkets/garment shops are targeted for this initiative? what about other places / organizations
General public are forced to pay 1-3 rs for the plastic.
- Will paid carry bags reduce?
- why not government provide these supermarkets / garment shops, the paper bags at subsidized rates?
If the GOI is really worried about the environment, it should ask every public / private organization to follow and then only it can achieve Plastic-free India.