I have been using a Nokia 6610i since 2004. I’ve been happy with the quality it had.
Still it has… except that ringtone speaker stopped working recently and battery(duplicate) drains out just like that….
For all these years, Nokia 6610i was ‘THE’ best phone i’ve ever had. I have paid hefty price that time which is almost close to my one month salary. I am desperate to get Nokia 6600 or 6610i just because they had awesome quality and color.
i couldn’t find a original battery for Nokia 6610i model. i couldn’t find a original cover so that i could make it look like new phone. i am loosing calls because i couldn’t listen to the ringtones (i have kept that 5 years ago…)
I have used my Nokia 6610i as a Phone, FM Radio, Camera( take pictures but never share it because i don’t have data cable. it doesn’t have bluetooth either. but it had InfraRed.. ), SMS broadcaster etc
Now that i am out looking for a new Phone which will be friendly, smarter, long lasting etc etc. My friends have Samsung, Nokia, HTC, IPhone etc.. but always in confusion to choose which one….?
so How will i buy a phone? there are so many in the markets… based on which should i need to choose?
- I liked, loved and used Nokia. I looked at the N8 Nokia smart phone my friend had. It was good but not that great. They don’t have good UI. although i know they are built with Symbian OS which is open source. They lack usability, smoother transitions between apps etc.
- Next phone i have seen are Samsung Ace, Galaxy S in shops. They are good. Looks-like IPhone. They carry Android OS which is partially open by Google. they cost 15k & 19k respectively. The new Samsung Galaxy SII have been released in India last week which costs 32k.
- THE one phone i have been admiring or eager to get is the Apple IPhone 🙂 It has great number of Quality Apps, seemless experience but expensive as Galaxy S2. They have been released in India last week by two biggies – Airtel and Aircel. The cost of the phone is almost twice that of US.
Airtel and Aircel came with special Apple plans for Apple IPhone thereby suggesting customers that they can get services + Phone for the cost of the phone. IPhone is priced at 34K. Both these companies say that if I pay upfront, i will get 2 years of contract service based on various tariff plans they have created. I have started to lookout for those plans and how good they are…. and i am presenting my analysis.
The Comparison – IPhone 4 vs Other phones with 1Ghz processor (most phones with these speed cost > 25K i guess)
For the next 24 months, I can use 3G, GPRS with Airtel or Aircel. If i am spending 500 per month which includes Talk time + Data plan, then i would be spending 12,000.
- I did consider HTC and Samsung because they are Android OS based which is becoming good.
- IPhone 4 is iOS based which is matured and good.
- I did not consider Nokia because i don’t know what Elop has in his mind. – Symbian or Mango?
- Android OS comes with Google appstore. they are fragmented and they don’t have quality apps as far as i’ve known (from media and articles on the web). Good thing is i can develop apps using eclipse and sell it.
- iOS has great apps, great games with quality. Bad thing is i need Mac OS to develop apps.
- Nokia OVI – no idea after Win 7 use
am i biased towards Apple? am i making the right comparisons? should i consider any other factors?
Please leave your comments!